Abstact Designs & Large Letters
Using a Flat Brush Calligraphy Workshop
I love the incomparable contrast of black and white and particularly the drama of white letters on a black background. Add to this an accent or two of striking red and the design comes alive. This class will concentrate on this limited but highly effective colour palette using flat brush, gouache, compressed charcoal, pastel and eraser to create a series of stunning pieces for the wall.
- Mastering the technique of handling a large flat brush to create sweeping lines and expressive letters.
- Exploring texture, line, form and overlapping strokes.
- Employing a variety of simple techniques to create depth.
- Designing large pieces of work using letter shapes and abstract lines from which to crop ’tile’ sections.
- Working further on the ‘tiles’ with blended pastel, added and erased lines and cut paper accents.
- Assembling the finished designs in a variety of formats.
Suitable for a 1 or 2 day workshop