Drawn & Shaded Letters Calligraphy Workshop
Drawing skills are essential to calligraphy and lettering. The hand skills and accuracy required really help in creating successful letterforms. This drawn & shaded letters calligraphy class using charcoal is essentially about those hand skills, with the focus on developing a free capitals style reminiscent of Versals.
- Look at the construction of the capital letters and practice the alphabet.
- Learn the techniques of using Conté pencils and compressed charcoal: drawing, shading, blending and the use of eraser lines.
- Work on large individual letters and the placement of the red dot!
- Experiment with changing the primary tool and using ruling pens to draw the letters.
- Work further on words and designs of groups of letters to produce finished pieces.
Suitable for a 1 day workshop